Community Media of South Central PA is a non-profit community media group. Our organization is dedicated to informing the people of our area about the news, events, and activities happening in and around our community. Operating since 1988, we have provided quality programming to our local community keeping the focus right here in South Central Pennsylvania. We collaborate with our community partners from all across Adams and York County to provide news and information on a variety of local activities. Community Media is excited to serve our community in a new and innovative ways, while constantly striving to improve our current programming. Our focus is our local public, education, and our local governments.
We not only serve our viewers in the community, but we also serve the individual and/or organization we work with. It is an outlet for Non-profit organizations to make people aware of what services they provide, and the needs of their organization. School districts can have their students produce different mediums to air on our station, as well as show their scholastic and athletic events. Our government officials can communicate to their constituents on any relevant topic they see fit, let the viewer see how their local government really works, and the viewer gets a chance to learn who their political appointees are. Community Media can help event organizers promote their events so that the community can have a better perspective of what the event is all about. Local athletics shown on our station highlight the athletes and there schools. Businesses in our community can inform the public of there involvement in our local area. It is not only Community Media that benefits from what we do, nor is it just the organization we are working/partnering with, nor is it just the viewer. It is everyone in our local community.
Community Media of South Central PA (CM) enhances and improves the well-being and health of our community by providing area residents, governments, organizations and institutions access to innovative digital technologies that engage, inform, educate and connect them to their community.
Through digital media, CM will empower all of our residents by providing access to community events, meetings, and forums.
- To establish, maintain and operate a local media access center;
- To operate in the public interest in accordance with Federal Communications Commission Rules and Regulations in providing public, education, and government access telecommunication services to the counties and towns it represents;
- To provide community and region content that reflects the activities, concerns and interests of the residents of South Central PA;
- To develop funding resources and administer such funds in order to promote public, education and government programming in the public interest;
- To provide individuals and organizations the necessary resources and support to produce programming for the access channel(s), and/or online distribution, to include: training, equipment, production facilities and channel time, thus providing opportunities to apply digital technologies and media production processes;
- To promote activities, concerns, and interests of the residents of South Central PA in a manner that ensures a free exchange of ideas and information;
- To facilitate local access to broadband internet and availability to online resources;
- To celebrate who we are and what we do as a community, thus building community pride and showcasing positive role models for our youth.
Non-Discrimination Statement and Policy
Community Media of South Central Pennsylvania does not and shall not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry),
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or
operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors,
vendors, and clients.
Community Media of South Central Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in
employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination,
upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job
applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability,
veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.