- This event has passed.
Sensory Friendly Hours
February 4 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Come to the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center for a special opportunity for visitors with auditory or sensory sensitivities and their friends and family to enjoy the experiences in a relaxed environment, for a calm, quieter and more inclusive visit.
- Free access to the Cyclorama painting and the galleries in the Gettysburg Museum of the American Civil War.
- Loud sounds from audio-visual displays, interactive exhibits and films will be reduced or turned off, where possible.
- The Cyclorama painting will be displayed in full light so that visitors can spend an extended time with the painting and with the Museum artifacts in a relaxed environment.
- “Hands On History” carts will be available throughout the Museum, allowing visitors the opportunity to touch and feel reproduction objects from the Gettysburg National Military Park’s collection.
- Staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and support your visit.
- Guests will be offered a sensory bag (while supplies last).
- A quiet space will be available in the Ford Education Center for those visitors who wish to take a break during their visit.
Designed for visitors with auditory/sensory sensitivities. A New Birth of Freedom film is unavailable during this time. The film and all sound, light and audio-visual programming will return to normal beginning at 11 a.m. The last free tickets will be issued at 10:30 a.m.